Skip to main content

Advertisement

Fig. 3 | Epigenetics & Chromatin

Fig. 3

From: RNA:DNA hybrids in the human genome have distinctive nucleotide characteristics, chromatin composition, and transcriptional relationships

Fig. 3

Genomic distribution of RNA:DNA hybrids. In panel a we show that the proportion of reads mapping to rDNA is 2 %, and break down the remaining 98 % by genomic context, showing the majority of RNA:DNA hybrids (called as peaks using ChIP-seq analytical approaches) to be located in intergenic regions. To understand these RNA:DNA hybrid distributions, we calculated observed/expected ratios based on nucleotide occupancy of genomic features, and performed permutation analyses testing for the likelihood of randomized intersection (b), the results of which are shown in Additional file 2: Table S1. We found depletion of RNA:DNA hybrids at RefSeq gene bodies, intergenic regions, and SINE and DNA transposable elements but significant enrichment at promoters and CpG islands, and a number of purine-rich repetitive sequences

Back to article page